History

1905

Minsk city council issued a Trade Certificate №34 to a coffee shop with confectionery products and to confectionery Bakery of George Raczkowski, located on  Zakharyevskaya str.,1

1910

Confectionery Shop and G.Raczkowski’s pastry workshop occupied three rooms in the house № 79 on Zakharyevskaya str., there were 3 workers and 4 students.

1914

More than 20 people worked with advanced machines and apparatus at candy factory "George" of G.Raczkowski, duration of the working day was 12 hours with 1.5 hour break.

1917

A team of confectioners was created on the basis of the former candy factory "George", later called "The first Belarusian confectionery factory”.

1926

Factory was renamed as Minsk confectionary factory "Progress"

1929

The factory moved to a spacious backstore of Yeast plant on MOPR Street (now Kommunist str.), and in honor of the 12th anniversary of the October Revolution the factory was called "Kommunarka".

1936

Till 1936 "Kommunarka" biscuit work shop maked cakes and biscuits such as "May" and "Dorozhnoe" and it was located on the corner of Lekkert and Industrial str., I / 22. In 1936 the production of biscuits and cakes was isolated in an independent enterprise - Minsk biscuit factory trust "Belkonditer" BSSR People's Commissariat of Food Industry, located on MOPR str. 127

1944

During the German occupation the factory produced cakes, biscuits and pasta, part of the buildings was burned and destroyed. Restoration of the factory was started on the fifth day after Minsk liberation.

1945

The newly established Minsk biscuit factory started production of biscuits, cakes and noodle products.

1947

The main production processes were carried out manually in the range of 13 items,  production capacity was about 500 tons per year (about 70% of which were gingerbread), the share of packaged products was 10%.
Noodle Workshop was transferred to Borisov, on factory’s squares lithography was organized, consisting of two printing machines.

1952

Minsk biscuit factory produced 1980 tonnes per year, including only 117 tonnes of packaged products.

1956

Minsk biscuit factory launched mechanization of manual labor wich lasted until 1961. Furnace conveyor was installed, process of kneading and pastry molding was mechanized, production started to use natural gas.

1962
1966

Production of confectionery products was about 6000 tons per year in the range of about 50 items. The products were mainly sold within the BSSR and about 10-15% - abroad

1967

The newspaper "Evening Minsk" noticed a wide range and high quality of the Minsk biscuit factory production. Cookies "Nutty with hazelnuts," cracker with cheese flavour and crispbreads "Belarusian gift" are produced at present.

1968
1971

11th January Minsk biscuit factory  passed to the controlof of Minsk confectionary factory "Kommunarka" on the rights of the production area (branch).

1974
1976

Michael Kondratievich Shlykov became a director of factory.

1979

1st October Biscuit and printing production of "Kommunarka"  was transformed into Minsk biscuit and printing factory.

1981

Technoeconomic feasibility for the production building on Radialnaya street was developed, supposed production capacity – 26.8 thousand tonnes of biscuits, candies and chocolate.

1992

In January Minsk confectionary factory №2 of Confectionery Production Association "Kommunarka" started to work on the street Radialnaya, 54.
1st July, Minsk biscuit and printing factory located in Minsk on the street Communist, 83 was eliminated.

1993

1st July Minsk confectionary factory №2 (str. Radialnaya, 54) and Minsk confectionary factory "Kommunarka" were created on the basis of the liquidated Confectionery Production Association "Kommunarka.

1994

1st November Minsk confectionary factory №2 was renamed into the State Enterprise "Confectionery Factory "Slodych".

1996

Stanislav Vladimirovich Kurovsky became a director from 1992 till 2003.

1998
1998

OJSC “Confectionery Factory “Slodych” launched  production of biscuits with enlarged figure "Slodych” and  “Minskoe".

2001

2nd January in connection with the ownership form change the factory was renamed into OJSC "Confectionary" Slodych". The factory began production of crackers.

2006

Production of glazed and decorated with chocolate icing biscuits

2012

A new complex mechanized line for production of sugar varieties of biscuits was put into operation, production capacity – 25 tonnes per day.